Infoblox Inc., its affiliates, and wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively, “Infoblox” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect when you:
- Use our Website or Solutions,
- Contact us via email, text, or other electronic messages,
- Interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Website of Solutions.
II. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information (including personal information or personal data): (i) directly from you when you provide it to us; (ii) automatically as you navigate through our Website and Solutions; and (iii) from third parties, including our business partners and social media service providers.
1. Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our Solutions may include:
- Contact and demographic information (e.g., names, phone number, company name, job title, email address, address, city, country, or other profile information).
- Login credentials, such as username and password.
- Billing information.
- Any content you submit in our online forums and chatrooms (e.g., Infoblox Community Website) or by commenting on content posted on our Services (“User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions.
- Any content you submit as a testimonial, endorsement, or survey.
- Information you provide during a technical support call for our Services, which may include IP Addresses, name, MAC Address, IP address which are included in the support bundle.
The information we collect on or through our Websites may include:
- Information you provide when you request access to white-papers or download a tool.
- Information you provide when you submit contact request, event registration, feedback or any other form.
- Information you provide when you interact with our chatbot.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
2. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically includes personal information and statistical data. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our Websites’ audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
For additional information about managing your privacy and security settings for automatic data collection, see “Cookie Preferences” on www.infoblox.com. On mobile devices, you need to use your device’s settings to limit tracking. General information about privacy on Apple/iOS devices is here, and information about Android settings is here.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. In case you are entering a third party website, we advise you to read teams and policies of that website and act upon it. If you wish to limit third-parties’ ability to collect information about you on our Websites and across the internet, you can learn more about the options available to you by visiting the websites for the TrustArc Preferences Manager, Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
IV. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide our services: To provide you with our products and services (including through authorized partners), including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, ship product, send service communications, provide maintenance and support, professional services, and/or access to subscription services, and conduct general business operations such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits.
- Data Analytics: To create data that allows us to improve and grow our business, including to measure the effectiveness of ads, understand how our Services are being used, understand our customer base and purchasing trends, understand the effectiveness of our marketing, market our products, and develop new products and services.
- Security and Legal Compliance: To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with legal requirements regarding our Services.
- Marketing. Upon your consent, to provide you with marketing material, news, invitations, and other communication. You may revoke your consent at any time in the email that you receive.
- With Your Consent: To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it with your consent.
- We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information.
V. Disclosure of Your Information
- Corporate Affiliates: We disclose your personal information to other members of our group of companies.
- Business Partners: We may disclose your personal information to our partners who are authorized to sell our Solutions so that they may contact you regarding offers for their products or services. For example, we partner with companies to provide Infoblox Partner Central, systems status reporting, Infoblox Education Services, and our career portal, respectively. When you use these integrations, we may share the information you provide with the business partner.
- Advertising Partners: We partner with companies that assist us in advertising our Solutions online. These companies may use tracking technologies on our Websites and elsewhere on the Internet.
- Service Providers: We engage vendors to perform functions on our behalf, and they may receive personal information about you. These vendors are contractually obligated to use personal information that we disclose or they collect on our behalf only for the purpose of providing specific functions. The business functions our vendors support include services that support the Solutions, customer service, billing and collection, auditing and accounting, professional services, analytics services, security, information technology services, recruitment and marketing. Our service providers also support Infoblox Partner Central, systems status reporting, Infoblox Education Services, and our career portal.
- Social Media Platforms: If you interact with us on social media platforms, the platform may collect information about you and your interaction with us. If you click on an icon of a social media service provider, you will be sent to website or other platform of that service provider. In this case, we encourage you to read terms and policies of that service provider as we are not responsible on, how they process your personal information.
- Recruitment. We process your data to process your application to an open position that we offer. Personal data notice on processing applications is presented to you before you apply for the position. We highly encourage you to read and act upon it.
- In Response to Legal Process: We disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests.
- Enforce our Rights and the Rights of Others: We disclose your personal information to enforce or apply our policies and agreements, including for billing and collection purposes and/or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Infoblox, our customers, or others.
- With Your Consent: We may also disclose your personal information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information and with your consent.
VI. Your Rights
You may have certain rights relating to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws these rights may include the right to:
- Access your personal information held by us;
- Correct inaccurate personal information and, taking into account the purpose of processing the personal information, ensure it is complete;
- Erase or delete your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information;
- Transfer your personal information to another controller/service provider, to the extent possible;
- Object to any processing of your personal information;
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights described above;
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent), without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal; and
- Launch a complaint to a relevant supervisory authority.
If applicable laws do not provide you these rights, we may not perform them.
Please note that if you delete your User Contributions from our Websites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by us or third parties indicated above.
VII. How to Exercise Your Rights
You may submit a request to exercise any of your rights using the “Contact Information” provided below. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month unless otherwise required by law, and will contact you, if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request or verify your identity. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request or may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
You may authorize another individual or a business, to make requests on your behalf through these means, if this right is provided to you by applicable laws. We reserve the right to check if a business or individual acting on your behalf has a right to do so.
In order to process your request, we may your identity to protect your and others’ information. We will not use personal information we collect in connection with verifying or responding to your request for any purpose other than responding to your request.
Although we encourage to solve all complaints in a peaceful manner and ask you to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, you may launch a complain to supervisory authority. List of EU supervisory authorities may be found here. There is no comprehensive national privacy law in the United States. However, the US does have a number of largely sector-specific privacy and data security laws at the federal level, as well as many more privacy laws at the state (and local) level. Please check local regulations in order to find a relevant authority.
VIII. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the personal information we collect through the Services. For example, we use:
- Physical safeguards that include locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing personal information.
- Technology safeguards that include monitoring of our systems and data centers, third party penetration testing, firewalls and multi-factor authentication.
- Organizational safeguards that include making efforts to ensure that only necessary people have access to personal information, and training to ensure our employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect personal information.
While we use these and other precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
IX. Contact Information
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +1 (209) 209-5229
2390 MISSION COLLEGE BLVD, SUITE 501,
SANTA CLARA, CA 95054 USA
Last modified: December 21, 2022