Infoblox End of Life Policy
- End of Life Announcement (EOLA): Issuance of an EOLA marks the beginning of the EOL life cycle for a hardware platform product or software product. The EOLA will precede the LOD date by up to 90 days.
- End of Life (EOL): The EOL date is the date when all maintenance and engineering for a hardware platform or software product ceases.
- Last Order Date (LOD): The last day that a product will be available for order from Infoblox and shall be removed from the Price List.
- End of Software Development (EOSD): The EOSD date is the date when Infoblox will cease engineering support for a Major or Minor software version release.
- End of Technical Support (EOTS): The EOTS date is the date when Infoblox will cease providing Technical Support by the Infoblox Support group.
- Major Release: Each system software release includes three numbers (x.y.z). The “x” represents a major feature release, which may include new features, bug fixes, and may or may not include software architectural changes.
- Minor Release: The “y” in the x.y.z nomenclature represents a minor feature release, which generally includes new features, bug fixes, and may or may not include software architecture changes.
- Maintenance Release: The “z” in the x.y.z nomenclature represents a maintenance release after GA, which generally only includes bug fixes, but may include minor improvements to existing features.
Product Life Cycle Overview and EOL Notifications
Infoblox periodically introduces new products, services, product enhancements and other offerings. As part of this process, older products and services may be discontinued. Infoblox is committed to making the transition from discontinued products to new offerings simple for our customers.
As part of this Infoblox will inform customers regarding important milestones, including the initial End-of-Life (EOL) notification, Last Order Date (LOD), and EOL milestone dates, as described below. Infoblox normally provides EOL notification to our customers for discontinued products up to 90 days prior to the LOD. Customers can receive EOL notifications directly by signing up for Alerts by registering for an account on the Infoblox support web site here or indirectly by checking this posting on the Infoblox support web site.
Customers may continue to purchase products up until the announced LOD. Infoblox will provide technical support and service for products up until the announced EOL date.
Infoblox typically provides support for standard hardware systems for three (3) years from the LOD date.
Products being discontinued are typically identified as such on the price list for 90 days prior to LOD. At LOD, discontinued products are removed from the price list and are no longer available for purchase. Support for discontinued products is provided only to customers who purchased a support contract prior to the removal of the product and services from the Infoblox price list or who converted their new product warranty coverage to a support contract prior to expiration of the standard warranty.
Note: Only products that are covered by a current Infoblox maintenance contract are eligible for renewal after LOD for the product.
Replacement units provided during the period after EOLA date may not be identical to systems purchased prior to product discontinuation. It is possible that replacement units may require customers to implement network changes (such as reconfiguration, software updates, and hardware upgrades) and may affect service pricing when the support contract is renewed.
Infoblox reserves the right to charge an additional fee for continued support of any discontinued products. Infoblox also reserves the right to reduce or amend support offerings available for renewal under this policy at any time and at its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Infoblox virtual appliance software products generally correspond to a hardware product platform based on capacity or other constraint and have the same EOLA, LOD and EOL dates as the corresponding hardware product platform.
Software Life Cycle Policy
Engineering support (before EOSD) applies only to the current Major or Minor versions during the Active Maintenance period and Limited Maintenance period for each version, as described in the Software Life Cycle table below. Infoblox reserves the right to provide bug fixes, patches, and/or service releases only for the current version, and may require that the customer upgrade to that current version before applying the patch, fix, or service release.
Prior to the EOSD date, Infoblox will make available a final maintenance release. After a version release reaches the EOSD date, Infoblox will no longer provide maintenance releases, fixes or patches for that version. Technical Support for assistance with software problems will be available until the EOL date as long as the customer is under active maintenance. Technical support can provide access to previously released fixes, patches, maintenance releases, etc. Technical support will not include nor will it create any new fixes, patches, maintenance releases or feature additions or requests for any version release that is past the EOSD date.
Policy and Fee Changes
Infoblox reserves the right to change this EOL Policy and to reduce or amend Maintenance offerings available for renewal under this EOL Policy at any time, with or without prior notice.
Infoblox reserves the right to charge an additional fee for continued support of products after the EOL or EOTS dates, and is under no obligation to provide support after EOL or EOTS. Infoblox also reserves the right to reduce or amend support offerings available for renewal under this policy at any time and at its sole discretion, with or without prior notice.
Scope of Support Services and Prices
The scope of services and prices remain subject to modification and change from time to time.