Scale, Secure, Manage, and Protect DNS for ISPs, Telcos, and Mobile Operators
Infoblox delivers high integrity DNS appliance solutions that are more secure, reliable and cost-effective than proprietary or open-source alternatives based on generic servers and operating systems. That’s why Infoblox DNS caching servers are deployed in over 160 service providers around the world.
Our new Infoblox 4030 DNS Caching Appliance is purpose-built to deliver new levels of scalability, security, management, and DoS/DDoS protection for Internet service providers (ISPs), telcos, and mobile network operators (MNOs).
Paired with our patented Infoblox Grid™ technology, our solutions eliminate single points of failure and help you automate and manage appliance upgrades and patches from a single point.
Infoblox DNS caching infrastructure solutions are:
- High DNS caching performance supporting 1M queries per second (qps)
- System scalability with clustered servers extends to billions of DNS qps
- Carrier-grade appliance includes redundant RAID hard disks, hot-swappable power supplies, fans, and optional DC power
- Labor scalability allowing ISPs to deploy large scale DNS infrastructure without adding support staff
Secure Against DoS/DDoS Attacks
- Caching servers designed to withstand DoS/DDoS threats that generate over 1M DNS queries per second per appliance
- Advanced security capability including mitigation against man-in-the-middle, cache poisoning and DoS/DDoS attacks
- Built-in real-time, automated DDoS threat detection and mitigation – no need to configure functions or create complex rules and scripts
- Advanced DNSSEC management to harden DNS infrastructure against cache poisoning attacks
- Capabilities for network administrator to permanently blacklist domain names
Manageable Remotely from a Centralized Location
- Infoblox Grid technology enables automated administration of routine maintenance functions
- Centralized views of all DNS caching servers and system-wide visibility
- Infoblox Reporting server provides detailed reporting on traffic level trends for capacity planning and DoS/DDoS threat detection
- Infoblox Grid real-time distributed database technology guarantees data integrity and maintains audit trails for all administrative changes
- Lights-out Management support for remote unattended operation
Protect Service Integrity
- Grid Masters can be configured in High Availability pairs for non stop service delivery
- Grid Master database backed up in real time to alternate Grid Master(s) for seamless automated recovery
- Grid Masters can be located in different Geo’s, ensuring business continuity
We offer a range of carrier-grade appliances and software solutions. Learn more about our Infoblox 4010 Appliance for Service Provider, DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management.
Learn more about Infoblox solutions for service providers through the following resources:
- Datasheet: High Performance DNS Caching for ISPs
- Datasheet: Infoblox Trinzic Hardware - 800, 1400, 2200 and 4000 series
- White Paper: Defeating DoS/DDoS Attacks in Real Time
- White Paper: Assessing Performance Metrics for a New Generation of Recursive DNS Servers
- Solution Note: High-Performance, Resilient DNS for Service Provider Networks.