Associated content with posts
I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but I searched around, and didn't find it.
How does one go about breaking an HA pair?
I currently have two HA pairs as internal DNS servers, and have been told (by management) that I need to break them out to four separate DNS servers. What I want to do is have them split out completely, and basically throw away the HA IP address, so that they are 2 pairs of standalone servers using their base addresses.
I am new to Infoblox - the network team uses it to manage network details and I would like to use this database in my scripts.
I saw a great example of a Python script accessing via REST but I fail to understand what the "objects" are. Basically what I would like to do is give an IP address as the input and get in return the atributes of the netwoek it is in (Country, Site, ...).
Is it possible with the WAPI to do the following?
1. Ask what IP address / lease a MAC address currently has? i.e. I'd like to ask Infoblox ("I have this MAC address, have you seen it before, does it currently have an IP address from DHCP?").
2. Reset/renew an existing DHCP lease. I'd like to do this so that we can implement a captive portal like service, i.e. register a MAC address from an authenticated user, and then send a DHCP reset so it gets a new IP address once registered.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to bloxHub
Welcome to bloxHub, our community for users of Infoblox products. Most of our content can be viewed as a guest, but if you wish to contribute or join a conversation, you will need to log in. If you don't have a bloxHub account, we invite you to register an account and join us.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Twitter at @bloxHub and we'll keep you notified of new content on the community as well as webinars and other items of interest to Infoblox users.
- Bloxhub: RT @cricketondns: Thanks! RT @DaveShafor: @cricketondns, Great presentation in Novi, Mi.
- Bloxhub: RT @infoblox: If you are just learning about SDN, you are not late to the party, says @Infoblox founder Stu Bailey http://t.co/tMKA8QUmw3 #…
- Bloxhub: RT @infobloxfed: Infoblox to Announce Fiscal Third Quarter 2013 Results http://t.co/eq7vDGsVJn
- Bloxhub: RT @TechJournalist: Stu Bailey from @infoblox talking about open source and SDN #Interop http://t.co/XzrBSXzhQZ