You may have noticed while perusing the site, sipping your black coffee from your oversized, stained mug, we've been quietly deploying user requested updates to the community.
We've come a long way over the last few months, but there's more to come! We'd like to thank all of the previous users of the now defunct bloxtools and NetCordia community site for "hanging in there" while we built bloxHub. Believe it or not, we are fast approaching 90 days (launched it on May 3rd), and it's been a whirl-wind!
So, what's new to the site you ask? Here are a few updates:
- Updated navigational elements to better find what you're looking for
- Display of the "solved icon" for users to quickly see which forum threads have been resolved.
- User Recognition Program - Now, when you submit content, post a question, comment, or solve a thread, you'll receive bloxHub Recognition and Rewards points! Those points will accumulate and when you hit 200, you can redeem them for Starbucks cards, Amazon gift cards, among a variety of other options!
- Group Functionality - we've setup groups for Freeware Users, Traffic Integration Manager, among others. We're also populating groups with content the members will find helpful. Want to request a group? Send us an email at email@example.com
- Updated User Profile - want to follow a user, subscribe to specific threads or follow a topic, you can now do that by visiting your profile and selecting the appropriate tab at the top of the page.
- New Polls and "Top Contributor" boards. We're still tweaking how these will work and be displayed, so stay tuned. If you have a poll you'd like to get responses, let us know and we'll get it scheduled!
- Product Management Blog, White Papers, and Video Sections. These are all sections currently in the works that will provide valuable information about our products, "how to," "walk throughs," "Tips and Tricks," among other valuable information. We'll announce these changes in a few weeks. In the interim, keep a close eye on the homepage panels for white papers and cool tips!
- Last but not least, we're working on a developer program. Yes, a program that will work in conjunction with the bloxtools snapins, and various downloads available on the site. We have big plans!
As always, we're interested in hearing what you think and what you'd like to see the community offer in the future.
Our next updates include a more robust user profile, including subscription and notification settings, group membership updates, Local Calendar Of Events for end users and customers (similar to a corporate sponsored "meet up"), among a few other options you've been requesting.
Your feedback will shape our priorities moving forward -- you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org,